I recently discovered BlueStar Cooking, and I was really excited when I was invited to write a post about my favorite and "essential" cooking tools !!!! This also got me thinking about some dream kitchen appliances on my list...Check out this fun page where you can "build" your own BlueStar.
Here is the range I configured !!!!!
How about this NEAT pink fridge from BlueStar Cooking!!!!
When I started to think about it, I realized how many tools I had that I considered "essential" to my cooking !!!!
So here is my LONG list !!!!
- I LOVE cooking burgers on the Cuisinart 5-in-1 Griddler.
- My favorite food processor is the KitchenAid 7-Cup Food Processor.
- For blenders, I use both the Vitamix Blender and Ninja Master Prep Professional Blender (they each serve a different purpose !!!!) I use the blenders for my muffins and mousses.
- I really like the Rival 6-cup Rice Cooker w/Steamer because it makes cooking rice and rice dishes SOOOO much easier. Just put everything in the rice cooker and when the rice is done, your meal is ready!!! I usually steam vegetables in the steamer at the same time.
- Of course you need the Conair Cuisinart Smart Stick to puree soups!!!! It is SO quick and easy. I puree the soup right in the crockpot or stockpot on the stove.
- I have a Nesco-American Harvest Gardenmaster Dehydrator which I ABSOLUTELY LOVE. I LOVE dried bananas - they taste SOOOOO much better than store bought. I have also started drying sweet potato chips as healthy snacks for our dogs.
- My Norpro Big Mouth Chopper, Slicer is REALLY handy. It saves SOOO much time for chopping veggies.
The Epicurean Pizza Peel works GREAT for getting a homemade pizza from the counter to the oven. The hardest part of making a pizza was getting the pizza from the counter into the oven without making a BIG mess. My paddle wasn't big enough to hold the pizza and I could never get the pizza off the paddle without tearing it. This pizza peel is AMAZING. It is REALLY big - so I can actually make the pizza right on the peel, then it slides right off the peel onto the stone in the oven - the dough does not stick at all.
- I also LOVE LOVE LOVE the silicone baking pieces. I use the Casabella Silicone 6-Cup Standard Muffin Pan all the time. The muffins pop out SOOOOOO easily and I do not have to grease the pan.
My wish item would be a REALLY REALLY REALLY nice set of waterless cookware !!!!