Translate

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Dehydrator Crunchy Chocolate Cookies (DF, GF)


Comments from taste testers:  LOVED these!!!  Loved the crunch !!  Hint of banana, but not overpowering.  Loved the pumpkin seeds - nice combo with the coconut.  Liked the "cookie-like" texture.   Nice spice blend - nothing overpowering.  



Ingredients:
1 cup dates
2 really ripe bananas
2 Tbsp water
--------
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
--------
1/2 cup nuts
--------
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp salt
2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 Tbsp Hershey's Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
3/4 cup raisins
1/2 cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut  (I use Bob's Red Mill)

Directions:
Blend dates, bananas and water in a blender or food processor until desired texture.  I actually leave some date pieces....this makes it chewier.  Add peanut butter and blend until combined.  Add nuts and pulse until nuts are chopped.

Pour blended ingredients into a bowl.  Add the rest of the ingredients and stir with a spoon until well combined.

Press into flat circular cookies.  

Place on dehydrator tray in a single layer and dry until desired consistency.  I dried them between 4 to 6 hours.


My favorite food processor is the KitchenAid  7-Cup Food Processor

For blenders, I use both the  Vitamix Blender and Ninja Master Prep Professional Blender



Estimated Nutritional Value per cookie based on 30 cookies:  Calories 106, Total Fat 5.6g, Cholesterol 0mg,  Sodium 30mg, Carbs 12.6g, Fiber 2g, Sugars 7.5g, Protein 3g




I am in Christ, and I am telling you the truth; I do not lie.  My conscience is ruled by the Holy Spirit, and it tells me I am not lying. 
Romans 9:1  (NCV)

4 comments :

  1. Any suggestions for a banana replacement? I am allergic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,

      In general, you can replace a banana with:
      - 1/2 cup of applesauce (may need to reduce other liquid) OR
      - Silken tofu OR
      - Canned pumpkin OR
      - Cooked sweet potato

      If it were me, for this recipe, I'd try the cooked sweet potato. I'd probably try like 3/4 cup of cooked mashed sweet potato. Then check the consistency of the cookie. If it is too dry you could add more cooked mashed sweet potato, more water, applesauce or even some unsweetened almond milk.

      You might want to add more dates since ripe bananas are naturally really sweet (so substituting other stuff would loose some of the sweetness).

      I hope this helps ! THANKS for the question !

      - Denise

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the nice blog. It was very useful for me. Keep sharing such ideas in the future as well, and I am glad to came here! Thanks for sharing the such information with us.
    wholesalers in usa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to thank you for this great read. I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.
    read more

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for visiting Pink-Vegan Blog and leaving a comment !!!! Your comments are appreciated !!!!