Translate

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Spanish Rice (DF, GF)



Putting all ingredients in the rice cooker, makes this dish quick and easy to make.  This is good as a side dish or to take for lunch the next day !!!



Ingredients:
1 cup brown rice
2 cups tomato juice or tomato based vegetable juice
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp salt
1 tsp dried parsley flakes
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
3/4 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp dried chopped chives
1 tsp minced jar garlic
1/3 cup green bell pepper, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 small tomato, chopped

Directions:
Put everything in a rice cooker.   Set the rice cooker for the regular cycle and cook until done.


I really like the Rival 6-cup Rice Cooker w/Steamer.   It makes cooking rice SOOO easy.  I just put all the ingredients in the cooker .  So my rice dish is complete with spices and veggies when the rice is cooked.  The 6 cup isn't a big rice cooker, but it is plenty for 2 people.  


Estimated Nutritional Value per serving based on 4 servings:  Calories 209, Total Fat 1.5g, Cholesterol 0mg,  Sodium 912mg, Carbs 44.8g, Fiber 3g, Sugars 6g, Protein 5.1g


Let me live forever in your sanctuary, safe beneath the shelter of your wings !
Psalm 61:4 (NLT)

2 comments :

  1. Hi there! I was wondering...if you don't have a rice cooker could you put everything in a large skillet and just cover and simmer?? Thank you! I'm loving your recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kristi !!! THANK you SOOOOOO much !!!! I am SOOOOOOOOO glad you are loving the recipes !!!!! I am ALWAYS curious if people are making any of the recipes and if they like them.... so I REALLY REALLY appreciate your taking the time to comment and let me know you are loving them !!!!!
      If you don't have a rice cooker, I would think it would work just as well cooking in a large skillet and just cover and simmer....it would be similar to what the rice cooker does..it should work fine.
      THANKS again for your comment !!! I hope you enjoy this dish !!!! - Denise

      Delete

THANKS for visiting Pink-Vegan Blog and leaving a comment !!!! Your comments are appreciated !!!!