Translate

Sunday, August 6, 2017

Chickpea Lentil Veggie Soup (DF, GF)



This is REALLY good.  The dates give it a nice flavor !


Ingredients:
1 Tbsp minced jar garlic
1 onion, chopped
1 can tomatoes (I used the liquid) 
2 cans chickpeas (I used the liquid)
1 can lentils (I used the liquid)
12-oz package frozen broccoli/cauliflower mix
12-oz package frozen sliced carrots 
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground turmeric
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp black pepper
========
2 cups water or veggie broth
1/2 cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut  (I use Bob's Red Mill)
3 large dates, pitted

Directions:
Blend water or veggie broth, coconut and dates in a food processor or blender until smooth.

Put everything in a crockpot and cook on low for 10-12 hours, or until done.


My favorite food processor is the  KitchenAid  7-Cup Food Processor

For blenders, I use both the  Vitamix Blender and Ninja Master Prep Professional Blender


My share in life has been pleasant;  my part has been beautiful.
Psalm 16:6 (NCV)


No comments :

Post a Comment

THANKS for visiting Pink-Vegan Blog and leaving a comment !!!! Your comments are appreciated !!!!