Translate

Sunday, March 13, 2022

Spicy Hummus - Take 2 (DF, GF)


This is actually my favorite hummus recipe !  It is nice and creamy, great flavor, and a little spicy.  I have also made it with pinto beans instead of chickpeas.  I actually like the hummus made with pinto beans better and my husband likes the hummus made with chickpeas better !  Plus no tahini !!  I actually prefer using smoked paprika - I just like the flavor better !!!





Ingredients:
1 Tbsp minced jar garlic
1 tsp dried parsley
1 can chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt (I actually use garlic salt)
1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika (I actually use smoked paprika )
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp assorted chili peppers spice (I use  Nanami Togarashi 
1/8 to 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
2 to 4 Tbsp water or liquid from beans,  or more until desired consistency

Directions:
Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until desired consistency.  Add water or liquid from beans, if needed to thin.


My favorite food processor is the KitchenAid  7-Cup Food Processor
For blenders, I use both the  Vitamix Blender and Ninja Master Prep Professional Blender

No comments :

Post a Comment

THANKS for visiting Pink-Vegan Blog and leaving a comment !!!! Your comments are appreciated !!!!