Translate

Sunday, September 4, 2022

Chocolate Hummus - (DF, GF)


I had never tasted chocolate hummus before - it actually sounded weird !!  But once I tried it - I LOVED it !!!!!  It is good on apples and carrots !  I have not tried it on anything else yet.  I need to try this on celery - I bet it would be REALLY good !!!!  The flavor is actually better the next day.  I like my chocolate hummus on the thicker side.


Ingredients:

1 - 15 oz can pinto beans (drained and rinsed)
6 to 10 large medjool dates (depending on desired sweetness)
2 Tbsp to 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (I used 2 Tbsp)
1/4 to 1/3 cup peanut butter (no sugar)
2 tsp vanilla extract

Directions:

Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until desired consistency.  Add more unsweetened almond milk or liquid from beans, if you want it thinner.

My favorite food processor is the KitchenAid  7-Cup Food Processor
For blenders, I use both the  Vitamix Blender and Ninja Master Prep Professional Blender



2 comments :

  1. I made it! It was good. Thank you for the recipe and suggestions.
    https://freakinhealthy.com/rootd/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU for your comment !! I am really glad you made it and thought it was good !!! You are welcome !
      - Denise

      Delete

THANKS for visiting Pink-Vegan Blog and leaving a comment !!!! Your comments are appreciated !!!!