Translate

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Mock Egg Salad (Tofu Based)




I think this is MUCH better if the package of tofu is frozen first.  Just make sure to take it out of the freezer in advance so it will be thawed when you are ready to make these.



Ingredients:
1 pkg firm or extra firm tofu (water packed), drained and squeezed dry
1 and 1/2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast Flakes  (I use Now Foods)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp celery seed
1/4 tsp Black Salt  (I use The Spice Lab's)
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp dry ground mustard 
1/2 to 1 Tbsp regular mustard  (I used Dijon)
1 to 2 stalks celery, cut into small pieces
2 tsp dried dill
1 Tbsp dried parsley
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup vegan mayo  
 paprika, sprinkled on top

Directions:
Drain the package of tofu and squeeze to get out as much water as possible.  Crumble the tofu into small pieces.

In a bowl, combine all ingredients (except paprika) and mix together.  Sprinkle paprika on top.



Estimated Nutritional Value per serving based on 4 servings:  Calories  108, Total Fat 8.6g, Cholesterol 0mg,  Sodium 383mg, Carbs 5.1g, Fiber 1.5g, Sugars 1g, Protein 4g


Hear, heavens, and I will speak.  Listen, earth, to what I say.
Deuteronomy 32:1  (NCV)



2 comments :

  1. Yum. I love making eggless tofu mixes like this - they make delicious sandwiches :-) This is very similar to one I make. I've never tried it with frozen tofu though - I'll have to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sandy !!! It does make GREAT sandwiches !!!! Using frozen tofu gives it a different texture....I like it better !!!!! THANKS for your comment !!!!!!! I REALLY appreciate your taking the time to comment !!!! - Denise

      Delete

THANKS for visiting Pink-Vegan Blog and leaving a comment !!!! Your comments are appreciated !!!!