Translate

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Chocolate Coconut Dried Apple Balls




These are definitely interesting !!!  I took some in to my co-workers and they all LOVED them - they thought they were REALLY tasty and wanted to keep eating them - that is ALWAYS a good sign !!!

I adapted this recipe from a recipe in one of my dehydrator books.  Next time I make these, I'm going to try them before drying them in the dehydrator....it is possible these are good without having to dry them.  




Ingredients:
1 cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut  (I use Bob's Red Mill)
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup natural peanut butter (no sugar) - I used chunky 
1 cup chopped dried apples (I dried some without the cinnamon, but you could also use them with cinnamon)
1 Tbsp molasses
1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
5 dates
1/4 cup water

Directions:
Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until it is sticky enough to form into balls.

Form into balls and put them on the mesh sheets on dehydrator trays.

If your dehydrator has a temperature control, set it to 135 degrees.   The average drying time is 4-5 hours.  The drying time is affected by the thickness of the slices, the humidity, the moisture content, how much is being dried.  So you will need to check every once in a while and see how they are drying.  

I've started using the  Farberware Cookie Scoop for forming the snack balls, instead of using my hands.  It is not as messy and the balls are a more uniform size.


My favorite food processor is the KitchenAid  7-Cup Food Processor

For blenders, I use both the  Vitamix Blender and Ninja Master Prep Professional Blender


Estimated Nutritional Value per ball based on 27 balls:  Calories 60, Total Fat 4.2g, Cholesterol 0mg,  Sodium 17mg, Carbs 4.7g, Fiber .9g, Sugars 3.1g, Protein 1.2g



...you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding,
Colossians 1:9 (NASB)

No comments :

Post a Comment

THANKS for visiting Pink-Vegan Blog and leaving a comment !!!! Your comments are appreciated !!!!