Translate

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Spicy Hummus (DF, GF)






This hummus is on the spicy side.  For me, the "basic" hummus recipe was too bland and I wanted something a little spicier.   I also sprinkled paprika on top.

Ingredients:

1 can chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
2 tsp minced jar garlic
1 Tbsp tahini
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp paprika
1/4-1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp salt (this last time I actually used garlic salt)
1 - 2 Tbsp water or liquid from beans,  if needed

Directions:

Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until desired consistency.  Add water or liquid from beans, if needed to thin.


My favorite food processor is the KitchenAid  7-Cup Food Processor

For blenders, I use both the  Vitamix Blender and Ninja Master Prep Professional Blender



Lead me to do your will; make your way plain for me to follow.
Psalm 5:8 (GNT)

2 comments :

  1. I like the recipes, but I also appreciate the scriptures. Thanks for posting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU for your comment. I REALLY REALLY appreciate it.... You are welcome !!!! - Denise

      Delete

THANKS for visiting Pink-Vegan Blog and leaving a comment !!!! Your comments are appreciated !!!!