Translate

Friday, June 1, 2012

Black Bean & Corn Veggie Burgers



I always loved the store bought Black Bean burgers.  So I tried making my own black bean burgers.  I haven't had a store bought burger in so long, I really can't tell you if these taste the same... but I like them !!!! This is one of my favorite burger recipes.  This last time I added some chopped red pepper.


Ingredients:

1 - 15 ounce can of black beans (drained and rinsed)
1/2 onion, diced (about 1/2 cup)
1 tsp minced garlic
1 can of corn (drained)
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/8 tsp chili powder
1 tsp basil
1 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast Flakes  (I use Now Foods)
3/4 cup bread crumbs (or oats or ground nuts)
1-1/2 tsp Ener-G egg replacer (or tapioca starch/flour)

Directions:

Mash the beans in a large bowl, then add the remaining ingredients.  Mix until well combined.  Form into patties.

Then fry them on medium-high in a pan on the stove until browned on both sides or bake them at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes or cook them on a grill.   I cook them on my    Cuisinart 5-in-1 Griddler for about 20 minutes.  


Estimated Nutritional Value per burger based on 8 burgers:  Calories 146, Carbs 28.5g,  Protein 6.7g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 288mg, Fiber 4.4g, Sugars 4.6g. Total Fat 1.1g


God gives you his Spirit and works miracles in you.....
Galatians 3:5 (CEV)

No comments :

Post a Comment

THANKS for visiting Pink-Vegan Blog and leaving a comment !!!! Your comments are appreciated !!!!