Translate

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Tofu Spinach Lasagna




This is a simple yet delicious basic tofu spinach lasagna.  Whenever anyone has tried it, they always ask for the recipe.  Everyone is surprised at how easy it is to make and how delicious it is.  I have even served it to "meat eaters" and they were surprised to find out that the filling was made with tofu.

This picture is from my brother.  He actually makes his own sauce to put on it.  I will be adding the recipe for his homemade sauce later.


This picture is from when I make it.  I use jar spagetti sauce.  Instead of using 2 jars of spaghetti sauce, you can use 1- 32 ounce jar of spaghetti sauce and add 1 cup of water.  This will make the sauce thinner.



Ingredients:
1 box wheat or brown rice lasagna noodles
1-1/2 to 2 jars spaghetti sauce (about 40 to 48 ounces) (no sugar)
--------
2 packages silken tofu (I used  Morinu Soft Silken Tofu )
--------
1 tsp ground oregano
1 tsp ground basil
1 tsp dried parsley flakes
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 cup Nutritional Yeast Flakes
2 - 10 ounce packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained well

Directions:
If not using pre-cooked lasagna noodles, cook the noodles in boiling water about 3-5 minutes until softened.

Place the tofu in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.

Pour the tofu into a bowl and add in oregano, basil, parsley, red pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, nutritional yeast, and spinach.  Stir until well combined. 

To assemble, in a 9x13 lasagna pan, spread a thin layer of spaghetti sauce, then a layer of noodles, then a layer of the tofu filling.  Continue in the same order.  Finish with a layer of noodles topped with the spaghetti sauce.  

Bake at 350 degrees for about an hour.


My favorite food processor is the KitchenAid  7-Cup Food Processor

For blenders, I use both the  Vitamix Blender and Ninja Master Prep Professional Blender



Estimated Nutritional Value per serving based on 12 servings:  Calories 171, Total Fat 2g, Cholesterol 11mg,  Sodium 758mg, Carbs 29.3g, Fiber 3.1g, Sugars .6g, Protein 10.8g



Yes, indeed - God is my salvation.  I trust, I won't be afraid.  God - yes God! - is my strength and song, best of all, my salvation!
Isaiah 12:2  (MSG)




4 comments :

  1. Wow - this looks amazingly delicious! Will definitely be trying this soon :-) Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS Sandy !!!! It is DELICIOUS !!! When I've taken it to lunch, people have asked for the recipe from just seeing and smelling it !!!! AND...they have all made it and LOVED it... PLUS... it is SOOOOOO easy to make !!!! Glad to be able to share the recipe !!! I hope you enjoy it !!!! THANKS for taking the time to comment... I REALLY REALLY appreciate it !!!!!
      - Denise

      Delete
  2. I love this recipe and your whole site! Thank you for listing all the macros. Such a help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS SOOOOOOOO much, Marge !!!! I REALLY REALLY REALLY appreciate your comments !!!!! I am SOOOOO glad you love the recipe and the whole site !!!! I REALLY appreciate your taking the time to comment....it is nice to know that people are actually making the recipes and like them !!!!! THANKS again - Denise

      Delete

THANKS for visiting Pink-Vegan Blog and leaving a comment !!!! Your comments are appreciated !!!!