Translate

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Dehydrator Crunchy Chocolate Cookies (DF, GF)


Comments from taste testers:  LOVED these!!!  Loved the crunch !!  Hint of banana, but not overpowering.  Loved the pumpkin seeds - nice combo with the coconut.  Liked the "cookie-like" texture.   Nice spice blend - nothing overpowering.  



Ingredients:
1 cup dates
2 really ripe bananas
2 Tbsp water
--------
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
--------
1/2 cup nuts
--------
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp salt
2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 Tbsp Hershey's Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
3/4 cup raisins
1/2 cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut  (I use Bob's Red Mill)

Directions:
Blend dates, bananas and water in a blender or food processor until desired texture.  I actually leave some date pieces....this makes it chewier.  Add peanut butter and blend until combined.  Add nuts and pulse until nuts are chopped.

Pour blended ingredients into a bowl.  Add the rest of the ingredients and stir with a spoon until well combined.

Press into flat circular cookies.  

Place on dehydrator tray in a single layer and dry until desired consistency.  I dried them between 4 to 6 hours.


My favorite food processor is the KitchenAid  7-Cup Food Processor

For blenders, I use both the  Vitamix Blender and Ninja Master Prep Professional Blender



Estimated Nutritional Value per cookie based on 30 cookies:  Calories 106, Total Fat 5.6g, Cholesterol 0mg,  Sodium 30mg, Carbs 12.6g, Fiber 2g, Sugars 7.5g, Protein 3g




I am in Christ, and I am telling you the truth; I do not lie.  My conscience is ruled by the Holy Spirit, and it tells me I am not lying. 
Romans 9:1  (NCV)

No comments :

Post a Comment

THANKS for visiting Pink-Vegan Blog and leaving a comment !!!! Your comments are appreciated !!!!