Translate

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Date Syrup / Date Paste




Today is Day 2 of my Daniel Fast.  

I needed to make some date syrup since I will be using a lot of it during the Daniel Fast.  decided to combine several recipes and come up with my own variation.  SOOOOO.....here it is !!!!





Ingredients:
1 - 14 oz package of dates (there were 26 dates in my package)
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 to 1 tsp lemon juice
3 cups water (if you want it thinner, add another 1/2 to 1 cup of water)


Directions:

Place all ingredients in a blender and let sit for about 15 minutes.  Then blend on high for a few minutes until completely smooth. 

Store in an airtight jar in the fridge for up to 3-4 weeks. 



Part of the Daniel Fast is praising God.....SO......

Praise God for he is:
beautiful, bountiful, beginning



Anyone who speaks should speak words from God.  Anyone who serves should serve with the strength God gives so that in everything God will be praised through Jesus Christ.  Power and glory belong to him forever and ever.  Amen.
1 Peter 4:11 (NCV)

11 comments :

  1. I'm enjoying some right now with an enormous apple. Thanks for the sweet treat idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nanci.... You are Welcome !!!!! Glad you are enjoying it.... what a GREAT idea to eat some with an apple.... I bet that is good !!!! THANKS for taking the time to leave a comment.....I REALLY REALLY appreciate it !!!!!
      - Denise

      Delete
  2. Did you use fresh dates or dried dates?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is brilliant! It tastes DELICIOUS. I'm starting the Daniel Fast tomorrow and have been prepping/finding recipes all week. So glad I stumbled on your site!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS Julia !!!! I am SOOOOO glad you think it is DELICIOUS !!!! You can use the date syrup to sweeten SOOO many things - try it on oatmeal. One of my co-workers said the date syrup was her favorite sweetener for her oatmeal !

      I am SOOOOOOOO glad you stumbled onto my site also. PLEASE tell anyone else you know who is on the Daniel Fast about my site !!! I would appreciate ANY help in spreading the word about my site for Daniel Fast recipes !!!!

      I started my fast yesterday !!!

      THANKS again for your taking the time to leave comments, Julia !!! I REALLY do appreciate it !!! -
      Denise

      Delete
  4. Have this syrup soaking in my blender right now. Excited to give it a try. Been on the Daniel Fast since January 1st. Thanks for posting all these recipes! - Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS Becky !!!! I was just thinking this morning that I need to make up a batch of the date syrup also !!!! BTW....it tastes GREAT as a sweetener in overnight oats !!!!! THANKS for your comment...I hope you enjoy it !!!! - DEnise

      Delete
  5. Started our fast again for this year. Back to your site again for more recipes. Thanks so much for posting these!! - Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Becky !!! You are welcome !!!! Thank you SOOOOO much for taking the time to leave a comment - I REALLY appreciate it !!! I am SOOOOOOO glad to hear you come back to my site for your yearly Daniel Fast recipes !!!!! Enjoy !!! THANKS again !! - Denise

      Delete
  6. I thought the Daniel Fast didn't include ANY sweeteners, including honey or syrup.

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for visiting Pink-Vegan Blog and leaving a comment !!!! Your comments are appreciated !!!!