Translate

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Black Bean and Sweet Potato Burgers (DF)




This is the last day of this Daniel Fast. I have to admit it has been challenging to come up with a new recipe for 21 straight days.

I made these for dinner for my third week.  These came out even better than I hoped !!!!  These are now my NEW favorite veggie burgers.   My previous favorite were these veggie burgers.  Although these are still my husband's favorites....I make them constantly to have on hand for him.... My niece's favorite burgers are the Spinach Burgers.   I have now changed my favorite to this recipe!!!


Ingredients:
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 and 1/4 cups cooked mashed sweet potatoes
3/4 cup pecans, chopped
1/4 cup Wheat Gluten
1 small onion, chopped
1 tsp minced jar garlic
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp dried cilantro
1 and 1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp assorted chili peppers spice (I used  Nanami Togarashi   ) or use 1/4 tsp tabasco sauce and 1/2 tsp chili powder


Directions:
In a bowl, mash the beans to desired texture.   Mix in all the rest of the ingredients.

Form into patties and cook.  I cook them on my  Cuisinart 5-in-1 Griddler for about 20 minutes.  If you want to bake them in the oven, bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes.


Estimated Nutritional Value per burger based on 6 burgers:  Calories 223, Total Fat 10.3g, Cholesterol 0mg,  Sodium 281mg, Carbs 27.2g, Fiber 6.5g, Sugars 2g, Protein 10g

     

Part of the Daniel Fast is praising God.....SO......
Praise God for he is:
unchangeable, unequalled, understanding, unfathomable, uncontainable


Lord, show us your love, and save us.
Psalms 85:7 (NCV)


6 comments :

  1. I love sweet potato in burgers :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sandy !!!! Yes, I also LOVE sweet potatoes in burgers....they give it such a nice flavor AND sweet potatoes are SOOOOO good for us !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is the wheat gluten essential for this recipe, or can it be omitted?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amber,

      THANKS for the question. No, the wheat gluten is not essential for this recipe, but you will need to add oats or flour to thicken the mixture so it can be formed into patties and stick together.

      - Denise

      Delete
  4. Is the wheat gluten essential for this recipe, or can it be omitted?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SORRY ....I just saw this...try using oatmeal instead or flaxseed.

      Delete

THANKS for visiting Pink-Vegan Blog and leaving a comment !!!! Your comments are appreciated !!!!