Translate

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Adzuki Bean Quinoa Beet Burgers (DF, GF)




I had a can of adzuki beans I wanted to use so I came up with this burger recipe.  

The adzuki bean is a small red bean and is cultivated in Japan and China.  It is the second most popular bean in Japan.  They are high in carbs, fiber, protein and several vitamins and minerals.  They have a sweet nutty flavor when cooked.  Adzuki beans are one of the highest in protein and lowest in fat.

The beets give the burgers a "reddish meat look".  My husband even commented that these almost looked like real meat burgers....AND.....these are the FIRST bean burgers my husband has actually liked !!!!!!!!  I find I am making these burgers A LOT.... my husband likes them SOOOOO much, he keeps wanting me to make these !!!


Ingredients:
1 can adzuki beans, drained and rinsed
1 can beets, drained and chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
2 tsp minced jar garlic
3/4 cup cooked Quinoa
1 Tbsp dried cilantro
1/2 tsp ground ginger
2 Tbsp peanut butter
2 Tbsp  Arrowroot Powder (optional)
2 Tbsp Ground Flaxseed (I use Bob's Red Mill)
1/3 cup Quaker old fashioned oats
2 Tbsp sesame seeds
1 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp assorted chili peppers spice (I used  Nanami Togarashi   ) or use  1 Tbsp chili powder

Directions:
In a bowl, mash the beans to desired texture.   Mix in all the rest of the ingredients.

Form into patties and cook.  I cook them on my    Cuisinart 5-in-1 Griddler for about 15 minutes.  If you want to bake them in the oven, bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes.


Estimated Nutritional Value per burger based on 8 burgers:  Calories 292, Total Fat 4.7g, Cholesterol 0mg,  Sodium 577mg, Carbs 53.4g, Fiber 4.6g, Sugars 11.6g, Protein 7.7g


Everything God says is true - and it's a shield for all who come to him for safety.
Proverbs 30:5 (CEV)


No comments :

Post a Comment

THANKS for visiting Pink-Vegan Blog and leaving a comment !!!! Your comments are appreciated !!!!