Translate

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Black and Refried Bean Salsa Burgers




OK...so I know this sounds REALLY weird with a banana in a bean veggie burger ...but I couldn't really taste any banana flavor.  And.. I had a banana  I wanted to use so I figured...why not !!!   For the salsa, I actually used pumpkin salsa.




Ingredients:
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can refried beans
1/2 cup salsa
1-1/2 cups crushed corn flake cereal
1 cup Quaker old fashioned oats
1/4 cup Wheat Gluten 
1 Tbsp dried cilantro
2 tsp dried minced garlic
1 tsp dried minced onion
1 tsp ground coriander
1/8 tsp black pepper
1 stalk celery, chopped
1/3 cup green bell pepper, chopped
2 Tbsp peanut butter
1 mashed banana

Directions:
In a bowl, mash the black beans to desired texture.   Mix in all the rest of the ingredients.

Form into patties and cook.  I cook them on my   Cuisinart 5-in-1 Griddler for about 15 minutes.  If you want to bake them in the oven, bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes.


Estimated Nutritional Value per burger based on 8 burgers:  Calories 235 , Total Fat 3.8g, Cholesterol 4mg,  Sodium 512mg, Carbs 36.8g, Fiber 7.4g, Sugars 3.9g, Protein 17.1g


Trust God, my friends, and always tell him each one of your concerns.  God is our place of safety.
Psalm 62:8 (CEV)

No comments :

Post a Comment

THANKS for visiting Pink-Vegan Blog and leaving a comment !!!! Your comments are appreciated !!!!