Translate

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Bars (DF, GF)


This recipe was adapted from my Fruit'n Nutty Peanut Butter Granola Bars.  I decided to add cocoa powder and leave out the dried fruit to make a "chocolate granola bar" (I'm a chocoholic).  Since I reduced the peanut butter by 1/4 cup, I added 3 Tbsp of unsweetened applesauce for additional liquid.


These definitely do not have the strong peanut butter flavor that the Fruit'n Nutty bars have.  If you want the stronger peanut butter flavor, increase the peanut butter to 1 cup and eliminate the applesauce.





Ingredients:
1 cup walnuts, chopped
1 cup Quaker old fashioned oats
1 cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut  (I use Bob's Red Mill)
1/4 cup Ground Flaxseed
2 Tbsp Hershey's Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1/2 cup date syrup
3/4 cup peanut butter (no sugar added), melted
3 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce

Directions:
Mix everything together in a bowl. 

Press into an 8x8 pan and store in fridge.  Each day these bars tend to get more flavorful.


Estimated Nutritional Value per bar based on 16 bars:  Calories 221, Total Fat 15.5g, Cholesterol 0mg,  Sodium 59mg, Carbs 16.7g, Fiber 3.6g, Sugars 8.5g, Protein 7.7g


Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
Matthew 11:28 (NIV)

No comments :

Post a Comment

THANKS for visiting Pink-Vegan Blog and leaving a comment !!!! Your comments are appreciated !!!!