Translate

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Daniel Fast Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins



I decided to try a chocolate peanut butter muffin - that just sounds good to me !!!!  Chocolate, peanut butter and banana - what a GREAT combination !!! Plus it provides protein from the peanut butter, making it a good breakfast muffin !!  These just get better and better every day !!!

I should have called these "Daniel Fast Chocolate Fudge Muffins" !!!  They have a chocolaty fudge taste to them - they are REALLY good!!!!

Since you cannot use baking powder or baking soda on the Daniel Fast, these muffins do not rise.  They are dense and chewy, but not quite as moist as the Applesauce Raisin muffins.  They are great for either breakfast or a snack.


This recipe was adapted from my Daniel Fast Applesauce Raisin Muffins.





Ingredients:
1 cup Quaker old fashioned oats
1 cup Oat Flour
1/4 cup Hershey's Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/3 cup  Unsweetened Shredded Coconut  (I use Bob's Red Mill)
1/4 cup Ground Flaxseed (I use Bob's Red Mill)
--------
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 medium to large very ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup date syrup 
1/2 cup peanut butter (no sugar added), melted

Directions:

Mix applesauce, mashed banana, date syrup, and peanut butter in one bowl. 

Mix the dry ingredients in another bowl.    


Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir just until the dry ingredients are moistened.  


Pour into muffin pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.  


I like using the silicone bakeware for my muffins.  The muffins  come out so easily and I don't need to grease the pan.  My favorites are:   Casabella Silicone Standard Muffin PanCasabella Silicone Large Muffin Pan, Casabella Jumbo Muffin Cups.


The OXO Large Scoop  is GREAT for scooping out batter into the muffin pan.  It is MUCH neater than when I used a spoon to scoop the batter into the pan - I no longer get batter all over the muffin pan !!!


Estimated Nutritional Value per muffin based on 12 muffins:  Calories 207, Total Fat 9.3g, Cholesterol 0mg,  Sodium 52mg, Carbs 27.8g, Fiber 4.7g, Sugars 12.1g, Protein 7.5g


So encourage each other and build each other up,  just as you are already doing.

1 Thessalonians 5:11 (NLT)

2 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. THANKS Julia !!! I am REALLY glad you like them !!! I think they are yummy also !!!! - anything with chocolate and peanut butter is yummy !!!!! You are welcome !!! THANKS SOOOOOO much for taking the time to leave a comment - I REALLY REALLY appreciate it !!! - Denise

      Delete

THANKS for visiting Pink-Vegan Blog and leaving a comment !!!! Your comments are appreciated !!!!