Translate

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Chocolate Cake Donuts



I was excited to try and make vegan donuts.  I was impressed for the 1st time I made them - they were good !!!!  My husband really liked these also.  I made a basic glaze and put on top.

These are definitely heavier, cake-like donuts.

This recipe was adapted from  My Girl Thursday's Chocolate Donuts.


Ingredients:
1/4 cup and 2 Tbsp Potato Starch
1/4 cup Barley Flour
2 Tbsp  Oat Flour
1/4 cup Hershey's Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1/4 cup Sucanat   (or brown sugar)
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/4 cup Ground Flaxseed (I use Bob's Red Mill)
--------
1/4 cup applesauce
1/2 cup almond milk
1 tsp vanilla extract

Directions:

In a bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.    

Then add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until the dry ingredients are moistened.  

Pour into donut pan and bake at 425 degrees for about 7-8 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.  

Estimated Nutritional Value per donut based on 6 donuts:  Calories 172, Total Fat 7.5g, Cholesterol 0mg,  Sodium 11mg, Carbs 23.8g, Fiber 5.1g, Sugars 7.8g, Protein 3.9g

The Lord has a reason for everything he does...
Proverbs 16:4 (CEV)

No comments :

Post a Comment

THANKS for visiting Pink-Vegan Blog and leaving a comment !!!! Your comments are appreciated !!!!