Translate

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Banana Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie (DF, GF)




This is Day 14 of my Daniel Fast.  One more week to go !!!

This makes a great breakfast or lunch or snack.   This is REALLY thick....I ate it with a spoon !!!  If you want it thinner, reduce the peanut butter to 2 Tbsp (or reduce the cocoa powder to 1 Tbsp or add more liquid).



Ingredients:
2 bananas, sliced
2 Tbsp Hershey's Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1/4 cup peanut butter (no sugar)
1/4 cup water 

Directions:

Put bananas, cocoa powder, peanut butter and water in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.  You may need to add more liquid if you do not have a high-powered mixer.

My favorite food processor is the KitchenAid  7-Cup Food Processor

For blenders, I use both the  Vitamix Blender and Ninja Master Prep Professional Blender


Part of the Daniel Fast is praising God.....SO......

Praise God for he is:
near, Nazarene, now


The Son is the image of the invisible God, the one who is first over all creation.
Colossians 1:15 (CEB)

6 comments :

  1. I love having a thick smoothie that I need to eat with a spoon!
    You must have a good blender to be able to mix things like this without adding much more fluid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandy .... yeah, all my smoothies seem to come out REALLY thick and I end up eating them with a spoon !!!! But they still taste good !!!! Yes, I have a VitaMix - I LOVE it !!!!! THANKS for taking your time to comment...I REALLY REALLY appreciate it !!!!
      - Denise

      Delete
    2. You're welcome :-) Yay for a vitamix - very lucky. Its a bit out of our price range for now but hopefully one day!!!!

      Delete
    3. Yeah... the VitaMix is GREAT..... I hope you can get one in the future !!! You would LOVE it !!!!!!!
      - Denise

      Delete
  2. This is great! Thank you so much for the recipe! :D I used rice milk and just added a splash extra. Super good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome !!!! Glad you enjoyed it !!! I bet it was good with milk - I will have to try that !!! I LOVE the chocolate smoothies !!! I have been making A TON of them on this Daniel Fast also !!!! THANKS for taking your time to comment...I REALLY appreciate it !! - Denise

      Delete

THANKS for visiting Pink-Vegan Blog and leaving a comment !!!! Your comments are appreciated !!!!