Translate

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Fruity "Bars" (GF)





I call these "bars" because I never have any luck actually cutting them into bars.   I end up putting it in a dish and eating it with a spoon !  I don't know if it is because I use a silicone baking dish or not - I haven't tried baking it in a glass or metal dish - that might make a difference.  It freezes really well also.  I freeze a bunch in individual containers - then when I want something sweet to eat - I just take out a container.  I think they are like M&M's - you can't eat just one !!  I end up eating WAY TOOOOOO much of it in one sitting !!!!!  I actually think this is better after the 1st day.


Ingredients:
1 cup almonds
1/2 - 3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips (depending on how much chocolate you like )
1/2 cup dried fruit - whatever you like (raisins, dried Black Mission Figs, dried blueberries, dried cranberries, dates, dried currants......)
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1 mashed banana
1 tsp vanilla
1/2-3/4 cup agave nectar (depending on how sweet you want it)
1/2 cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut  (I use Bob's Red Mill)

Directions:
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.  Then pour into a baking dish.  Bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes.


Let your hope keep you joyful, be patient in your troubles, and pray at all times.
Romans 12:12 (GNT)


No comments :

Post a Comment

THANKS for visiting Pink-Vegan Blog and leaving a comment !!!! Your comments are appreciated !!!!