Translate

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Basic Macaroni Salad



This macaroni salad is more like the old-fashioned basic creamy kind.  The next day I did add another 1/4 cup of vegan mayonnaise to it - cuz I like mine REALLY creamy !!!  I personally like mine "warm", so I usually eat more of it before it goes in the fridge - I just think it taste better when freshly made !!!!

My husband even liked this salad - which says a lot !!!!  He is trying to become a vegan, but unfortunately doesn't like beans or the tofu flavor in most foods.   So I was REALLY surprised when he actually said this salad was good !!!!!





Ingredients:
2 cups macaroni, cooked (measure the 2 cups before cooking)
3 stalks celery, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp celery seed (ground or whole)
3 Tbsp soy milk
1-1/2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 Tbsp sugar
3 Tbsp mustard
1 tsp dry mustard
3/4 cup vegan mayo
1 tsp dried parsley

Directions:
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.  Sprinkle paprika over the entire top.  Chill in fridge before serving.    


...I know you by name, and I look favorably on you.
Exodus 33:12 (NLT)


No comments :

Post a Comment

THANKS for visiting Pink-Vegan Blog and leaving a comment !!!! Your comments are appreciated !!!!