Translate

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Creamy Mac and Cheez (DF)




This is SOOOOOOO good...  Both dad and I LOVED this.  I just wanted to keep eating it !!!!!
This has a nice creamy texture.  I sprinkled paprika on top.


Ingredients:
2 cups unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup raw cashews
--------
1 cup mashed potatoes (I use sweet potatoes)
1/4 cup  Nutritional Yeast Flakes  (I use Now Foods)
1 tsp salt
2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 cup pimentos
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 tsp mustard
1/2 tsp turmeric
--------
16 oz whole wheat macaroni, cooked

Directions:
Blend milk and cashews in a blender until the cashews are totally ground up and there are no cashew pieces remaining.  

Then add the rest of the ingredients (EXCEPT macaroni) in the blender and blend until smooth and creamy.

In a saucepan, add the macaroni and sauce. Stir until well combined and heat over medium heat until warm.



Estimated Nutritional Value per serving based on 8 servings:  Calories 313, Total Fat 6g, Cholesterol 0mg,  Sodium 369mg, Carbs 56.9g, Fiber 7.4g, Sugars 2.7g, Protein 13.2g


I will thank you, Lord, among all the people.  I will sing your praises among the nations.
Psalm 108:3 (NLT)


No comments :

Post a Comment

THANKS for visiting Pink-Vegan Blog and leaving a comment !!!! Your comments are appreciated !!!!