Translate

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Chickpeas Quinoa and Spinach (DF,GF)



Cook the spinach by itself and add to the quinoa after the quinoa is cooked. 

This can be eaten "as is" ... or .... as a topping on potatoes ... or ... in a burrito.  I also like adding in chunks of sweet potatoes.


Ingredients:
1 and 1/2 cups dry quinoa
2 cans chickpeas, with liquid 
2 tsp ground curry powder
2 tsp ground cumin
3/4 tsp ground turmeric
3/4 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cardamon
1 and 1/2 cups water
========
1 16-oz package spinach, cooked

Directions:
Place all ingredients (EXCEPT spinach) in a rice cooker and cook until done.  Stir in cooked spinach after the quinoa is cooked.


I really like the Rival 6-cup Rice Cooker w/Steamer.   It makes cooking rice SOOO easy.  I just put all the ingredients in the cooker .  So my rice dish is complete with spices and veggies when the rice is cooked.  The 6 cup isn't a big rice cooker, but it is plenty for 2 people.  

I said to the Lord, "You are my Lord.  Every good thing I have comes from you."
Psalm 16:2 (NCV)


No comments :

Post a Comment

THANKS for visiting Pink-Vegan Blog and leaving a comment !!!! Your comments are appreciated !!!!