Translate

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Mint Chocolate Chip ViceCreme



This is my FAVORITE ice cream recipe so far...My niece was visiting for the weekend and I made this for dessert Friday night....She liked the mint chocolate chip vicecreme SOOOO much that she wanted it for breakfast the next morning !!!!!





Ingredients:

1-1/4 cup almond or coconut milk
2 cups soy creamer   
3/4 cup sugar
2 Tbsp Arrowroot Powder  ( I use Bob's Red Mill)
2 - 3 tsp  Peppermint Extract (depending on how strong a mint taste desired)
1-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup vegan chocolate chips

Directions:

Mix 1/4 cup almond milk with the arrowroot powder and set aside.  Mix the soy creamer, rest of almond milk, and sugar in a saucepan.  Bring to a boil.   When mixture starts to boil, remove from heat.  Add arrowroot mixture, peppermint extract and vanilla extract.  Mix thoroughly.  Let cool slightly and then stir in chocolate chips.  This will help keep the chocolate chips from melting.

Let cool and then make in an ice cream maker. 

I actually have 2 ice cream makers; 1 that uses ice and 1 that doesn't.  I really like them both.  

The Hamilton Beach 68330R 4-Quart Automatic Ice-Cream Maker uses ice.  You can make a bigger batch of vicecreme, and I also think the vicecreme turns out "harder" than the other one.  At first I thought it would be a pain using one with the ice, but it really isn't.

The Cuisinart ICE-21 Frozen Yogurt-Ice Cream & Sorbet Maker does not use ice.  The vicecreme is softer than the other, but still comes out good.  The one thing I found is the bowl really needs to be kept in the freezer for about a week before using it.  There were times I only left it in the freezer a couple of days, and the vicecreme was REALLY soft.  The capacity is much smaller than the one that uses ice.



I tell you not to worry about your life.....
Matthew 6:25 (CEV)


No comments :

Post a Comment

THANKS for visiting Pink-Vegan Blog and leaving a comment !!!! Your comments are appreciated !!!!