Translate

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Chocolate Nutty Bars (DF, GF)


These are SOOOOOOOO good - I can't stop eating them.  I am doing the Daniel Fast right now and I needed something sweet !!!!!   This is my 3rd Daniel Fast in about 1-1/2 years.  The 1st was the hardest, it seems like I didn't have any "good" stuff to eat.  The 2nd was easier, and this time is even easier. 

Giving up yeast and sweeteners is HARD for me.   I LOVE bread and I have a BIG sweet tooth.  So I HAD to make something to satisfy my sweet tooth !!!!



Ingredients:

1 cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut  (I use Bob's Red Mill)
1 cup chopped nuts
1/4 cup peanut butter (no sugar)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp coconut extract
3/4 cup date syrup

Directions:

Mix everything together in a bowl until thoroughly combined.  Put in an 8x8 pan and pat down.  Put in fridge.  I left mine in the fridge overnight before I had any.


Estimated Nutritional Value per bar based on 16 bars:  Calories 158, Total Fat 8.6g, Cholesterol 0mg,  Sodium 77mg, Carbs 20g, Fiber 2.4g, Sugars 11g, Protein 5.1g

...For now this is how it should be, because we must do all that God wants us to do....
Matthew 3:15 (CEV)

7 comments :

  1. Great recipes. Try using cacao instead of cocoa. It's much better for you.
    http://foodmatters.tv/content/raw-cacao-vs-cocoa-whats-the-difference

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS !!! Glad you enjoy them !!! THANKS for the link !! I appreciate your taking the time to comment !!! - Denise

      Delete
  2. I thought caffeine was not allowed- (no coffee). Wouldn't the cocoa powder contain caffeine?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, caffeine is not allowed during the Daniel Fast. However, unsweetened cocoa powder (additive free) is allowed in recipes on the fast. THANKS for your question and comment !!! - Denise

      Delete
    2. Unsweetened cocoa powder is one of the controversial areas - unsweetened cocoa powder would be fine in recipes, but it does contain caffeine, which is not allowed on the Daniel Fast.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for clearing it up.

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for visiting Pink-Vegan Blog and leaving a comment !!!! Your comments are appreciated !!!!