Translate

Monday, May 6, 2013

Quinoa Veggie Burgers




 I actually wasn't sure how these were going to turn out.  At first I thought they would just fall apart, but I was pleasantly surprised....they didn't fall apart!!  I also was trying to figure out what I could use for a  binder to hold all the quinoa together.  I had some really ripe bananas so I decided to try them.  I was REALLY surprised .... I thought they tasted  REALLY good the first night I made them...usually I like burgers MUCH better after they have been frozen.



Ingredients:
2 cups cooked Quinoa
1 cup Quinoa Flakes
1/3 cup  Ground Flaxseed
1/2 cup wheat germ
1/2 small onion, chopped
1/2 bell pepper, chopped (I used a red pepper)
1 stalk celery, chopped
1/4 cup Nutritional Yeast Flakes
1 Tbsp onion powder
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp  Bragg Liquid Aminos
1 Tbsp dried cilantro flakes
1 Tbsp dried parsley flakes
2 Tbsp sesame seeds
2 mashed bananas
2 Tbsp peanut butter 

Directions:
In a bowl, mix together all of the ingredients.

Form into patties and cook.  I cook them on my   Cuisinart 5-in-1 Griddler for about 20 minutes.  If you want to bake them in the oven, bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes.


Estimated Nutritional Value per burger based on 8 burgers:  Calories 235, Total Fat 7.7g, Cholesterol 0mg,  Sodium 48mg, Carbs 43.9g, Fiber 8.2g, Sugars 6.4g, Protein 11.4g



Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
Matthew 11:28 (NIV)


No comments :

Post a Comment

THANKS for visiting Pink-Vegan Blog and leaving a comment !!!! Your comments are appreciated !!!!