Translate

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Toffee Peanut Coconut Bars




I know I REALLY like the bars when I can't stop eating them !!!!  Sometimes I have NO will power!!! These have the taste of chocolate, crunch from the corn flakes and peanuts with chewiness from the dates.  What a great combination !  These really should be kept in the fridge overnight to "firm up" before eating; otherwise, they tend to break apart pretty easily.  I also store them in the fridge cuz I think they taste better when eating right from the fridge.  They seem to break apart when warmer.  Increasing to 1 cup of peanut butter and/or 2 cups of dates would probably help hold these bars together when warmer..... I'll have to try this next time I make these.  But, right from the fridge, I LOVE them and can't stop eating them !!!  



Ingredients:
2 Tbsp molasses
1 heaping cup corn flake cereal, crushed
1/2 cup  Unsweetened Shredded Coconut  (I use Bob's Red Mill)
1/2 cup peanuts
--------
2/3 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
--------
1 and 1/2 cups chopped dates
2-4 Tbsp almond milk (depending on how dry your dates are)


Directions:
Blend dates and almond milk in blender until smooth.  I keep some date chunks left - it gives the bars a chewier texture.

Slightly melt the  chocolate chips in the microwave.  I still had some pieces of the chocolate chips.

Then combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix together.
Press into an 8x8 pan and store in fridge.


My favorite food processor is the KitchenAid  7-Cup Food Processor

For blenders, I use both the  Vitamix Blender and Ninja Master Prep Professional Blender

Estimated Nutritional Value per bar based on 16 bars:  Calories 163 , Total Fat 9.1g, Cholesterol 0mg,  Sodium 56mg, Carbs 18.9g, Fiber 2.8g, Sugars 14.4g, Protein 4.5g


The one who blesses others is abundantly blessed; those who help others are helped.
Proverbs 11:25 (MSG)

No comments :

Post a Comment

THANKS for visiting Pink-Vegan Blog and leaving a comment !!!! Your comments are appreciated !!!!