Translate

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Basic Tofu Scramble (DF, GF)




I think these are MUCH better if the package of tofu is frozen first.  Just make sure to take it out of the freezer in advance so it will be thawed when you are ready to make these.

My niece LOVES these...she requests them for breakfast every time she visits.  Now my husband, on the other hand, does not think these look good or appetizing !!!



Ingredients:
1 cup chopped veggies of your choice (I use peppers and onion)
1 pkg firm or extra firm tofu (water packed), drained and squeezed dry
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast Flakes  (I use Now Foods)


Directions:
Drain the package of tofu and squeeze to get out as much water as possible.  

I actually cook the veggies in the pan with a little water to soften them and slightly caramelize them - before adding the tofu .

Then crumble the tofu and add to the veggies in the pan.  Add all spices. Cook over medium-low heat until they are the consistency you like.  I happen to like mine on the drier side (because I usually put ketchup on them !!!).  



And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.
Act 2:21 (NIV)



No comments :

Post a Comment

THANKS for visiting Pink-Vegan Blog and leaving a comment !!!! Your comments are appreciated !!!!