Translate

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Wheat Bran Muffins




These came out REALLY good.  Even though there is no rye flour in these muffins,  they remind me of rye bread, but in a muffin !!!

I liked them warmed with peanut butter on them.  My co-workers liked them and thought they were good, but they did wish they had butter, jelly, jam or honey to spread on them.

Adapted from this recipe.


Ingredients:
1 cup whole wheat flour 
1/2 cup wheat bran
1/4 cup cornmeal
1/4 cup Sucanat  (I use Barry Farm)  (or brown sugar)
3 Tbsp Hershey's Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1/2 tsp ground cardamom
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
--------
4 medium very ripe bananas, mashed
3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 vegan egg replacer (I used 1 Tbsp Ground Flaxseed + 3 Tbsp water)

Directions:
Mix the bananas, applesauce, vanilla and egg replacer in one bowl. 

Mix the dry ingredients in another bowl.    

Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir just until the dry ingredients are moistened.  

Pour into muffin pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.  

I like using the silicone bakeware for my muffins.  The muffins  come out so easily and I don't need to grease the pan.  My favorites are:   Casabella Silicone Standard Muffin PanCasabella Silicone Large Muffin Pan, Casabella Jumbo Muffin Cups.

The OXO Large Scoop  is GREAT for scooping out batter into the muffin pan.  It is MUCH neater than when I used a spoon to scoop the batter into the pan - I no longer get batter all over the muffin pan !!!


Estimated Nutritional Value per muffin based on 10 muffins:  Calories 137Total Fat .8g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 125mg, Carbs 31.8g, Fiber 4.3g, Sugars  11.1g, Protein 3g


Job, listen to this:  Stop and notice God's miracles.
Job 37:14 (NCV)

No comments :

Post a Comment

THANKS for visiting Pink-Vegan Blog and leaving a comment !!!! Your comments are appreciated !!!!