Translate

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Multi Grain Muffins




These came out REALLY REALLY good.  They remind me of rye bread, but in a muffin !!!

I liked them warmed with peanut butter on them.  My co-workers liked them and thought they were good, but they did wish they had butter, jelly, jam or honey to spread on them.

The recipe is adapted from this recipe.


Ingredients:
3/4 cup whole wheat flour (I use Bob's Red Mill Whole Wheat Flour )
1/2 cup Oat Bran (I use Bob's Red Mill)
1/2 cup  Rye Flour  (I use Bob's Red Mill) 
1/4 cup Cornmeal (I use Bob's Red Mill) 
1/4 cup Sucanat  (I use Barry Farm)  (or brown sugar)
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 Tbsp Hershey's Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground garam masala
--------
2 Tbsp molasses
1 cup almond milk
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 vegan egg replacer (I use Ener-G Egg Replacer)

Directions:
Mix the molasses, milk, applesauce, vanilla and egg replacer in one bowl. 

Mix the dry ingredients in another bowl.    

Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir just until the dry ingredients are moistened.  

Pour into muffin pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.  

I like using the silicone bakeware for my muffins.  The muffins  come out so easily and I don't need to grease the pan.  My favorites are:   Casabella Silicone Standard Muffin PanCasabella Silicone Large Muffin Pan, Casabella Jumbo Muffin Cups.

The OXO Large Scoop  is GREAT for scooping out batter into the muffin pan.  It is MUCH neater than when I used a spoon to scoop the batter into the pan - I no longer get batter all over the muffin pan !!!

Estimated Nutritional Value per muffin based on 8 muffins:  Calories 203Total Fat 8g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 264mg, Carbs 31.3g, Fiber 3.8g, Sugars  9.5g, Protein 4g



....Then you will know I am the Lord.  Anyone who trusts in me will not be disappointed.
Isaiah 49:23 (NCV)



No comments :

Post a Comment

THANKS for visiting Pink-Vegan Blog and leaving a comment !!!! Your comments are appreciated !!!!