Translate

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Chocolate Pumpkin Quinoa Muffins (GF)




I have to admit, these weren't my favorite muffins (I'm not a big pumpkin fan !!!!) ....BUT... my co-workers really liked them and thought they were good...



Ingredients:
1/2 cup Oat Flour
1/2 cup Corn Flour
1/2 cup Tapioca Starch
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup Sucanat   (or brown sugar)
2 Tbsp Hershey's Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp ground cardamom
--------
2 medium to large very ripe bananas, mashed
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1 cup unsweetened applesauce (I had 2 small bananas, so I used 1 and 1/3 cups of applesauce)
1/2 cup cooked Quinoa 

Directions:
Mix the bananas, vanilla, pumpkin, applesauce and quinoa in one bowl. 

Mix the dry ingredients in another bowl.    

Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir just until the dry ingredients are moistened.  

Pour into muffin pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.  

I like using the silicone bakeware for my muffins.  The muffins  come out so easily and I don't need to grease the pan.  My favorites are:   Casabella Silicone Standard Muffin PanCasabella Silicone Large Muffin Pan, Casabella Jumbo Muffin Cups.

The OXO Large Scoop  is GREAT for scooping out batter into the muffin pan.  It is MUCH neater than when I used a spoon to scoop the batter into the pan - I no longer get batter all over the muffin pan !!!

Estimated Nutritional Value per muffin based on 12 muffins:  Calories 137, Total Fat 1.1g, Cholesterol 0mg,  Sodium 85mg, Carbs 30.5g, Fiber 3.3g, Sugars 8.9g, Protein 2.8g

The Son of Man came to look for and to save people who are lost.
Luke 19:10 (CEV)


6 comments :

  1. Hi. Just wondering what about them you did not care for? Was it the texture?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi...no, the texture was fine.... I'm just not a HUGE fan of pumpkin flavor !!! I never was a "pumpkin pie person" !!!!! None of the muffins with pumpkin puree in them are "my favorites", but my "guinea pig" testers have all liked them. SOOOOO for me, it is just the pumpkin flavor !!!! - Denise

      Delete
    2. Thanks again for your reply. I love pumpkin flavour, but being celiac and dairy allergic, I had to give up pumpkin pie! Now, I have to find a substitute for bananas as they go with my Avocado, Kiwi, Latex allergies!

      Delete
    3. OH NO.... I could NOT even imagine giving up bananas... if you are looking for a substitute for them in baked goods... you could try using chia gel or flaxseed or prunes or applesauce or fruit juice or baby food instead. - Denise

      Delete
    4. chia seeds soaked in water! Wha a good idea! Don't know why I did not think of it! Thanks again!

      Delete
    5. SURE....glad I could help !!!!!

      Delete

THANKS for visiting Pink-Vegan Blog and leaving a comment !!!! Your comments are appreciated !!!!