Translate

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Chocolate Coconut Peanut Butter Old-Fashioned Overnight Oats (DF, GF)




This is Day 3 of my Daniel Fast.

I modified my recipe for Chocolate Coconut Overnight Oats  to come up with this recipe.  I sprinkled extra coconut on top of the oatmeal.

I forgot to buy unsweetened almond milk for the Daniel Fast, so I had to come up with a recipe using water.  



Ingredients:
1/2 cup Quaker old fashioned oats
3/4 to 1 cup water
1/2 banana, mashed
2 Tbsp Unsweetened Shredded Coconut  (I use Bob's Red Mill)
2 tsp Hershey's Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1 tsp Chia Seeds (I use Bob's Red Mill)
1 tsp Ground Flaxseed (I use Bob's Red Mill)
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 dates, chopped
2 to 3 Tbsp peanut butter (no sugar)
2 Tbsp date syrup

Directions:
Put all the ingredients into a jar with tight fitting lid and shake until well combined.  I use an "old" 16-oz glass peanut butter jar.  Then refrigerate overnight or for a few nights.  I had mine sit in the fridge for 4 nights and it was delicious the morning I ate it for breakfast. 

Warm up in the microwave for about 90 seconds or eat cold.

Estimated Nutritional Value per serving based on 1 serving:  Calories 670,  Total Fat  28.5g, Cholesterol 0mg,  Sodium  162mg, Carbs  99.4g, Fiber  14.5g, Sugars  47.9g, Protein 21.1g

Part of the Daniel Fast is praising God.....SO......

Praise God for he is:
compassionate, creator, caring, counselor, comforter, control, companion

I ate no pleasant food, no meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled.
Daniel 10:3 (NKJV)

No comments :

Post a Comment

THANKS for visiting Pink-Vegan Blog and leaving a comment !!!! Your comments are appreciated !!!!