Translate

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Chocolate Coconut Overnight Old-Fashioned Oats (GF,DF)



I combined my recipe for Overnight Old-Fashioned Oats with these overnight oat recipes to come up with this recipe.  I sprinkled extra coconut on top of the oatmeal.


Ingredients:
1/2 cup Quaker old fashioned oats
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 mashed banana 
2 Tbsp Unsweetened Shredded Coconut  (I use Bob's Red Mill)
2 tsp Hershey's Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1 tsp Chia Seeds (I use Bob's Red Mill)
1 tsp Ground Flaxseed (I use Bob's Red Mill)
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 to 3 tsp brown sugar or date syrup
1 Tbsp peanut butter

Directions:
Put all the ingredients into a jar with tight fitting lid and shake until well combined.  I use an "old" 16-oz glass peanut butter jar.  Then refrigerate overnight or for a few nights.  I had mine sit in the fridge for 4 nights and it was delicious the morning I ate it for breakfast. 

Warm up in the microwave for about 90 seconds or eat cold.

Estimated Nutritional Value per serving based on 1 serving:  Calories 470,  Total Fat 22.9g, Cholesterol 0mg,  Sodium 263mg, Carbs 58.7g, Fiber 13g, Sugars 15.7g, Protein 13.7g


I do not ask you to take them out of the world, but I do ask you to keep them safe from the Evil One.
John 17:15 (GNT)

No comments :

Post a Comment

THANKS for visiting Pink-Vegan Blog and leaving a comment !!!! Your comments are appreciated !!!!