Translate

Friday, January 31, 2014

Grape Nuts Mocha Overnight Old-Fashioned Oats




I modified my recipe for Overnight Old-Fashioned Oats  to come up with this recipe.


Ingredients:
1/2 cup Quaker old fashioned oats
3/4 to 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (I use 1 cup)
1 date, chopped
2 Tbsp instant coffee
1 Tbsp Hershey's Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
2 Tbsp peanut butter
1/4 Grape Nuts cereal
1 tsp Chia Seeds (I use Bob's Red Mill)
1 tsp Ground Flaxseed (I use Bob's Red Mill)
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 Tbsp molasses or date syrup

Directions:
Put all the ingredients into a jar with tight fitting lid and shake until well combined.  I use an "old"  16-oz glass peanut butter jar.    Then refrigerate overnight or for a few nights.  I had mine sit in the fridge for 4 nights and it was delicious the morning I ate it for breakfast.

Warm up in the microwave for about 90 seconds or eat cold.

Estimated Nutritional Value per serving based on 1 serving:  Calories 530,  Total Fat 24.2g, Cholesterol 0mg,  Sodium 397mg, Carbs 71.2g, Fiber 13.6g, Sugars 21.5g, Protein 17.8g



When people are tempted, they should not say, "God is tempting me."  Evil cannot tempt God, and God himself does not tempt anyone.
James 1:13 (NCV)


No comments :

Post a Comment

THANKS for visiting Pink-Vegan Blog and leaving a comment !!!! Your comments are appreciated !!!!