Translate

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Baked Oatmeal with Peaches (DF, GF)


This is a very filling breakfast !!!  It will keep you from being hungry for hours !!!!

Adapted from this recipe.


Ingredients:
2 Tbsp ground cinnamon 
1 tsp ground nutmeg 
1 Tbsp ground ginger
2 tsp ground coriander 
1 tsp ground cloves 
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 to 1 cup chopped almonds
1 Tbsp Ground Flaxseed 
--------
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 cup water or unsweetened almond milk
2 cups date syrup
--------
4 cups of fresh peaches 

Directions:
Mix the dry ingredients in one bowl.    

Mix the wet ingredients (EXCEPT peaches) in another bowl. 

Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until the dry ingredients are moistened.  Mix in peaches and stir until combined.

Pour into casserole dish bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until top is golden brown.

My favorite food processor is the  KitchenAid  7-Cup Food Processor

For blenders, I use both the  Vitamix Blender and Ninja Master Prep Professional Blender

I praise your greatness, my God the King;  I will praise you forever and ever.
Psalm 145:1 (NCV)

4 comments :

  1. Just curious if you have ever tried to freeze this. It looks like it makes quite a bit and I'm only cooking for myself. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marianne,
      It does make a lot !! Actually, I did freeze some and gave it to a friend. She said it was still delicious and thought it was still great after having been frozen. THANKS for the question - I hope you enjoy it !!
      THANKS - Denise

      Delete
  2. Awesome!!! Can't wait to try it. The peaches are best around here (NC) in July so perfect timing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, peaches are DELICIOUS now !!!! Nice and sweet and juicy !!! GREAT !!! I hope you like it !!!! - Denise

      Delete

THANKS for visiting Pink-Vegan Blog and leaving a comment !!!! Your comments are appreciated !!!!