Translate

Saturday, January 7, 2017

Sweet Potato Dessert/Pie (DF,GF)


I was not going to publish this  because it came about by me making a mistake in what I was trying to make !!!  But my co-workers LOVED it and thought it made a great dessert.  So here it is !!!   

This recipe makes a TON!!!   I made 1- 10 inch pie and 2-8 inch pies with this recipe.  


Ingredients:
3 and 1/2 cups cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
3 bananas
1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/4 cup orange juice
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
3/4 cup and 2 Tbsp date syrup
1 cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut  (I use Bob's Red Mill)
1 cup pecans

Directions:
Mix all ingredients in a blender or food processor until well combined.

Pour mixture into pie crust or dessert bowls.

If making a pie, bake at 350 degrees until hot, about 35 - 45 mins.


Pie Crust:
1 and 1/2 cups pecans
1/2 cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut  (I use Bob's Red Mill)
15 large dates
2 tsp vanilla extract

Directions:
Mix all ingredients (EXCEPT coconut) in a blender or food processor until crumbly.  Stir in coconut.

Press into a 9-inch pie pan

My favorite food processor is the  KitchenAid  7-Cup Food Processor

For blenders, I use both the  Vitamix Blender and Ninja Master Prep Professional Blender

The Lord is close to everyone who prays to him, to all who truly pray to him.
Psalm 145:18  (NCV)


Pin It

No comments :

Post a Comment

THANKS for visiting Pink-Vegan Blog and leaving a comment !!!! Your comments are appreciated !!!!