Translate

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Black Pinto Kidney Northern Bean Lentil Hominy Chili (DF, GF)




This is nice and thick...chocked full of beans...not too thin and not too spicy.  The combination of hominy and beans is REALLY good...   The pumpkin helps thicken this chili.

This recipe was adapted from Four Bean Crock Pot Chili.






Ingredients:
1/2 cup dried lentils, rinsed and sorted
1 can black beans (I used the liquid)
1 can pinto beans (I used the liquid)
1 can kidney beans (I used the liquid)
1 can great northern beans (I used the liquid)
1 - 29 oz can of hominy (I used the liquid)
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 onion, chopped
1 Tbsp minced jar garlic
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder
1 Tbsp liquid smoke (optional)
1/4 tsp Nanami Togarashi or red pepper flakes
1 Tbsp Bragg Liquid Aminos
2 cups water or vegetable broth (I used tomato juice)

Directions:

Put everything in a crockpot and cook on low for 10-12 hours.


Estimated Nutritional Value per serving based on 14 servings:  Calories 181, Total Fat 1.1g, Cholesterol 0mg,  Sodium 291mg, Carbs 42.9g, Fiber 10.8g, Sugars 3.9g, Protein 9.6g



He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:  he leadeth me beside the still waters.

Psalm 23:2 (KJV)

No comments :

Post a Comment

THANKS for visiting Pink-Vegan Blog and leaving a comment !!!! Your comments are appreciated !!!!