Translate

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Chocolate Coconut Fudge Muffins (GF)



Oh my gosh... these are SOOO good.  They sort of have a fudge taste to them.... and I LOVE the coconut mixed in with the chocolate.  These muffins are better the day after they are made.  Actually, I think ALL muffins taste better the day after they are made !!   And of course they taste good warmed in the microwave for about 20 seconds.

This batter will be a little thicker when poured into the muffin pan.      



Ingredients:
1/2 cup Brown Rice Flour
1/2 cup Quinoa Flour
1/4 cup Corn Flour
3/4 cup Sweet White Rice Flour
1 tsp Xanthan Gum
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cardamon
1/2 cup Hershey's Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1/2 cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut  (I use Bob's Red Mill)
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
--------
1/4 cup  date syrup 
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 medium to large very ripe bananas, mashed 

Directions:
Mix date syrup, almond milk, applesauce and mashed bananas in one bowl. 

Mix the dry ingredients in another bowl.    

Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir just until the dry ingredients are moistened.  

Pour into muffin pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.  

I like using the silicone bakeware for my muffins.  The muffins  come out so easily and I don't need to grease the pan.  My favorites are:   Casabella Silicone Standard Muffin PanCasabella Silicone Large Muffin Pan, Casabella Jumbo Muffin Cups.

The OXO Large Scoop  is GREAT for scooping out batter into the muffin pan.  It is MUCH neater than when I used a spoon to scoop the batter into the pan - I no longer get batter all over the muffin pan !!!

Estimated Nutritional Value per muffin based on 12 muffins:  Calories 166, Total Fat 2.7g, Cholesterol 0mg,  Sodium 123mg, Carbs 35.1g, Fiber 3.4g, Sugars 8.6g, Protein 3.8g

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Psalm 23:4 (KJV)

2 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. SORRY.... I have been Adding a Comment instead of hitting Reply...

      THANKS Sandy !!! I just finished eating two for breakfast (after being warmed in the microwave - of course !!!!)..... They may be my new favorite muffin !!!! Of course I am a chocoholic, so the fact that they have a chocolate fudge taste doesn't hurt !!! THANKS for taking your time to leave a comment... I REALLY REALLY do appreciate it !!!!!!
      - Denise

      Delete

THANKS for visiting Pink-Vegan Blog and leaving a comment !!!! Your comments are appreciated !!!!