Translate

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Chocolate Chip Raisin Banana Oat Nut Bars


These bars are sweet, but not too sweet.  You can taste the peanut butter in them;  they do not have a strong banana flavor and of course they have the crunch from the chocolate chips.  

I prefer these bars at room temperature, I think they have MUCH more flavor.   I usually store them in the fridge, but let them warm to room temperature before eating.


Ingredients:
1 cup walnuts, chopped
1 cup Quaker old fashioned oats or Quinoa Flakes 
1 cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut  (I use Bob's Red Mill)
1/4 cup Ground Flaxseed
1 mashed banana
3/4 cup Agave Nectar
1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
1 cup crushed corn flakes cereal or rice crispy cereal
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup raisins

Directions:
Mix everything together in a bowl. 

Press into an 8x8 pan and store in fridge.  Each day these bars tend to get more flavorful.  Even though I store them in the fridge, I let them warm to room temperature before eating ....they have MUCH more flavor !!


Estimated Nutritional Value per bar based on 16 bars:  Calories 237, Total Fat 13g, Cholesterol 1mg,  Sodium 44mg, Carbs 27g, Fiber 3.5g, Sugars 19.5g, Protein 6.1g



The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
Psalm 23:1 (KJV)

No comments :

Post a Comment

THANKS for visiting Pink-Vegan Blog and leaving a comment !!!! Your comments are appreciated !!!!