Translate

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Hot Chocolate Mix




I wanted to make my own hot chocolate mix, since the store bought hot chocolate mixes have milk and partially hydrogenated oils.   I searched the web and found several recipes, so I used several recipes as a basis for this recipe; however, I used different proportions for the soy powder, cocoa powder and sugar .... and I did not want a mix where I had to make the hot chocolate on the stove whenever I wanted some... I wanted to be able to just spoon the mixture into a cup of water and heat in the microwave.   So... this is what I came up with....I REALLY liked it and thought it was nice and chocolaty and not bitter.


Ingredients:
1 to 1 and 1/2 cup Vegan Soy Powder (I use Better Than Milk)
3/4 cup Hershey's Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
3/4 cup sugar 
---------
Add for spicy cocoa:
1 tsp ground cinnamon 
1/2 tsp ground cardamon 
1/2 tsp ground ginger 
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg 
---------
Add for mocha cocoa:
2-4 Tbsp instant coffee 

Directions:
Mix all ingredients together and store in a jar.

To make hot chocolate,  add 4 Tbsp of the mix to a mug of water.  Heat in the microwave to desired temperature.


From all their troubles, O God, save your people Israel!
Psalm 25:22 (GNT)

No comments :

Post a Comment

THANKS for visiting Pink-Vegan Blog and leaving a comment !!!! Your comments are appreciated !!!!