Translate

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Bean Broccoli Quinoa Veggie Burger (DF, GF)




I had some broccoli left over, so decided to try a veggie burger with it.  I like the taste of the broccoli in the veggie burger.   As always, I think veggie burgers taste better the day after they are made and also after they have been frozen.





Ingredients:
1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1/2 small onion, chopped
1/2 bell pepper, chopped (I used a red pepper)
1 stalk celery, chopped
1 tsp minced jar garlic
1 and 1/2 cups cooked broccoli
1 Tbsp  Bragg Liquid Aminos
1/2 cup cooked Quinoa
1/3 cup  Ground Flaxseed
2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground sage
1 Tbsp dried parsley flakes

1 Tbsp dried cilantro flakes
1 tsp ground thyme


Directions:
In a bowl, mash the beans to desired texture.   Mix in all the rest of the ingredients.

Form into patties and cook.  I cook them on my   Cuisinart 5-in-1 Griddler for about 20 minutes.  If you want to bake them in the oven, bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes.


Estimated Nutritional Value per burger based on 8 burgers:  Calories 190, Total Fat 3.6g, Cholesterol 0mg,  Sodium 428mg, Carbs 29.6g, Fiber 9.3g, Sugars 1.9g, Protein 9.7g

     

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life;  and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.
Psalm 23:6 (KJV)



No comments :

Post a Comment

THANKS for visiting Pink-Vegan Blog and leaving a comment !!!! Your comments are appreciated !!!!