Translate

Saturday, August 22, 2015

Coffee Peanut Butter Banana Mousse (GF)




Adapted from this recipe.

This has a STRONG coffee flavor.

Comments from taste testers:  YUM !!!!  First you get a peanut butter flavor, then you get a coffee flavor.  REALLY rich flavors.  It would be easy to eat the whole thing in one sitting !!!!!!!

I found a down-side to making all this mousse -  I eat too much !!!  I can't stop eating it once I start !!!! 

This is a GREAT way to eat more chia seeds, which are high in fiber, Omega-3 fatty acids, calcium, manganese, phosphorus, and protein.

I actually make the mousse and then leave it in the freezer for about a week before I take it out to eat it.  I think it has a better flavor - this gives it time for all the flavors to "blend together".



Ingredients:
4 large really ripe bananas, sliced
1/8 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp Coffee Extract
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cardamom
1/2 cup peanut butter 
1/4 cup instant coffee granules
1/3 cup powdered sugar
--------
4 Tbsp Chia Seeds (I use Bob's Red Mill)  

Directions:
Place all ingredients (EXCEPT chia seeds) in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.

Then add the chia seeds and pulse just until the chia seeds are slightly ground into smaller pieces.

Place into a glass jar with tight fitting lid.


Then refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.



My favorite food processor is the  KitchenAid  7-Cup Food Processor

For blenders, I use both the  Vitamix Blender and Ninja Master Prep Professional Blender


Estimated Nutritional Value per serving based on 6 servings:  Calories 229,  Total Fat 11.1g, Cholesterol 0mg,  Sodium 150mg, Carbs 29.7g, Fiber 3.8g, Sugars 18.4g, Protein 6.3g



The Lord will not reject his people;  he will not abandon his very own possession.

Psalm 94:14 (CEB)




No comments :

Post a Comment

THANKS for visiting Pink-Vegan Blog and leaving a comment !!!! Your comments are appreciated !!!!