Translate

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Zucchini, Potato, Bean Casserole



I really like the flavor of the sweet potatoes in this dish.  I think the next time I make it, I will use all sweet potato and no white.  You can also use any bean that you like, rather than the kidney beans.




Ingredients:
6 cups zucchini, sliced
1 onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped
1 can corn including the liquid
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed 
2 Tbsp dried parsley
1 8oz can tomato sauce
1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
1 heaping cup celery, chopped
4 heaping cups sliced potatoes (I used both white and sweet)
1 cup vegetable broth
1 Tbsp Bragg Liquid Aminos
1 tsp basil
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1 heaping tsp minced jar garlic
1/4 tsp cumin
2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast Flakes

Directions:
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.  Place mixture in a dutch oven (covered), and cook at 350 degrees for 60-90 minutes.  I cooked mine for about 90 mins because I like my vegetables REALLy well cooked and soft.


Estimated Nutritional Value per serving based on 12 servings:  Calories 138, Total Fat 1.3g, Cholesterol 1mg,  Sodium 437mg, Carbs 36.2g, Fiber 5.9g, Sugars 6.2g, Protein 6.5g



He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High.  The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, and he will reign over Jacob's descendants forever; his kingdom will never end.
Luke 1:32-33 (NIV)

2 comments :

  1. You had me at zucchini - it is one of my very favorite veggies to eat and especially this time of year! Combining with a few more of my favorites - beans and potatoes (especially the sweet potatoes!) - I think I found myself a new recipe staple. Wow, this looks SO good Denise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SORRY Sally... I just realized I added another comment to respond to your comment instead of hitting "Reply"....

      LOL!!!!!!! THANKS Sally !!!!!! I REALLY liked the sweet potatoes in it also - rather than all white. At first I made it without the beans - but I just thought it was missing something. Then I added the beans - that made it complete !!!! I hope you like it Sally !!! THANKS for visiting the blog and leaving a comment !!!!!!! I REALLY appreciate it !!!!!! Denise

      Delete

THANKS for visiting Pink-Vegan Blog and leaving a comment !!!! Your comments are appreciated !!!!