Translate

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Chocolate Mint Overnight Old-Fashioned Oats (DF,GF)



I combined my recipe for Overnight Old-Fashioned Oats with these overnight oat recipes to come up with this recipe.  This has a pretty strong mint flavor, reduce the Peppermint Extract  to 1/4 tsp for a less minty flavor.


Ingredients:
1/2 cup Quaker old fashioned oats
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 banana, mashed
1/2 tsp Peppermint Extract  (I use Nielsen-Massey)
1 Tbsp Hershey's Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1 tsp Chia Seeds (I use Bob's Red Mill)
1 tsp Ground Flaxseed (I use Bob's Red Mill)
1 Tbsp peanut butter

Directions:
Put all the ingredients into a jar with tight fitting lid and shake until well combined.   I use an "old" 16-oz glass peanut butter jar. Then refrigerate overnight or for a few nights.  I had mine sit in the fridge for 4 nights and it was delicious the morning I ate it for breakfast.

Warm up in the microwave for about 90 seconds or eat cold.

Estimated Nutritional Value per serving based on 1 serving:  Calories 373,  Total Fat 16.2g, Cholesterol 0mg,  Sodium 257mg, Carbs 49.2g, Fiber 11.4g, Sugars 10.1g, Protein 13g

Remember the old days.  Think of the years already passed.  Ask your father and he will tell you;  ask your elders and they will inform you.
Deuteronomy 32:7  (NCV)

No comments :

Post a Comment

THANKS for visiting Pink-Vegan Blog and leaving a comment !!!! Your comments are appreciated !!!!