Translate

Friday, November 29, 2013

Mocha Peanut Butter Coconut Cashew Balls (GF)


These have a strong coffee flavor.  For a milder coffee flavor:  reduce or eliminate the coffee extract and/or reduce the amount of instant coffee.



Ingredients:
1 cup cashews, chopped
1 cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut  (I use Bob's Red Mill)
1 cup Quaker Quick Oats
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup Hershey's Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
3 tsp Coffee Extract
--------
2 cups dates blended with 1/4 cup instant coffee and 1/2 - 3/4 cup water (depending on how dry the dates are)

Directions:

Blend dates, instant coffee and water until smooth.

Mix everything together in a bowl until well combined.  Shape into balls.  Store in freezer.  I store these in the freezer to keep them firmer, but I actually prefer the taste of them at room temperature.  So I usually take a couple out of the freezer and leave them sitting out until they are room temperature.


I've started using the  Farberware Cookie Scoop for forming the snack balls, instead of using my hands.  It is easier and not as messy.

My favorite food processor is the KitchenAid  7-Cup Food Processor

For blenders, I use both the  Vitamix Blender and Ninja Master Prep Professional Blender



Estimated Nutritional Value per ball based on 40 balls:  Calories 82, Total Fat 4.2g, Cholesterol 0mg,  Sodium 9mg, Carbs 10.4g, Fiber 1.7g, Sugars 6.2g, Protein 1.7g

Turn my eyes from worthless things, and give me life through your word.
Psalms 119:37 (NLT)

No comments :

Post a Comment

THANKS for visiting Pink-Vegan Blog and leaving a comment !!!! Your comments are appreciated !!!!