Translate

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Chocolate Cashew Raisin Date Coconut Balls (DF, GF)




 These definitely have a raisin flavor.  If you want a milder raisin flavor, reduce the raisins by 1/4 to 1/2 cup and increase the dates by the same amount.

These were a HUGE hit with my co-workers.  They all thought these were REALLY good and had a great flavor and texture. 



Ingredients:
1 cup cashews 
1/2 cup dates
1 cup raisins 
1/4 cup Hershey's Unsweetened Cocoa Powder 
1 banana, mashed
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut  (I use Bob's Red Mill)
1/8 tsp salt

Directions:
Put everything in a blender and blend until well combined. 

Form into balls and put in the freezer to firm up.  Store in fridge or freezer.  Each day these balls tend to get more flavorful.  I like these better after they have been in the freezer overnight.  I also like them better at room temperature; so I take a few out of the freezer and let them warm up before eating them.

I've started using the  Farberware Cookie Scoop for forming the snack balls, instead of using my hands.  It is easier and not as messy.

My favorite food processor is the KitchenAid  7-Cup Food Processor

For blenders, I use both the  Vitamix Blender and Ninja Master Prep Professional Blender


Estimated Nutritional Value per ball based on 30 balls:  Calories 67,  Total Fat 3.3g, Cholesterol 0mg,  Sodium 14mg, Carbs 9.2g, Fiber 1.1g, Sugars 5.6g, Protein 1.2g


But as for you, be strong and courageous, for your work will be rewarded.
2 Chronicles 15:7 (NLT)


No comments :

Post a Comment

THANKS for visiting Pink-Vegan Blog and leaving a comment !!!! Your comments are appreciated !!!!