Translate

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Pinto Beans and Rice (DF, GF)



I ALWAYS liked beans and rice !!!  Beans and rice makes a GREAT side dish or burrito filling.  It also is GREAT to take for lunch.

This recipe was adapted from Sandy's Rice Salad.




Ingredients:
2 cups cooked brown rice
3/4 cup salsa (no sugar)
1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp cilantro flakes

Directions:
Combine all ingredients together in a bowl.  Serve warm or cold.  To serve warm, microwave for a few minutes.


Estimated Nutritional Value per serving based on 4 servings:  Calories 284, Total Fat 1.4g, Cholesterol 0mg,  Sodium 393mg, Carbs 58.1g, Fiber 9.8g, Sugars 3.1g, Protein 10.9g


Let us try to know the Lord.  He will come to us as surely as the day dawns, as surely as the spring rains fall upon the earth.
Hosea 6:3 (GNT)



4 comments :

  1. Easy dinner there with some veggies on the side :-)
    I love how a bit of salsa mixed in with rice just seems to make plain rice, just so tasty and complete hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sandy !!! You are right ...the salsa mixed in with the rice gives it SOOOOO much more flavor ...it REALLY makes the rice dish tastier !!!! THANKS !!!!! - Denise

      Delete
  2. Excellent read, I just passed this into a colleague who was doing a little research on that. And he actually bought me lunch because I found it for him smile So let me rephrase that.
    brown rice

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your posts, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! Keep up the excellent work.
    read me

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for visiting Pink-Vegan Blog and leaving a comment !!!! Your comments are appreciated !!!!