Translate

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Basic Chocolate Overnight Oats (GF)




This has become my basic standard overnight oats recipe.  I make this on a regular basis.  I often vary it by adding 2 Tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut or raisins or instant coffee granules or ground nuts.


Ingredients:
1/2 cup Quaker old fashioned oats
1 tsp caramel extract (I use OliveNation)
1 tsp vanilla extract 
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp Ground Flaxseed (I use Bob's Red Mill)
1 tsp Hershey's Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
2 to 3 Tbsp peanut butter (no sugar)
1/2 tsp Chia Seeds (I use Bob's Red Mill)
3/4 to 1 cup water or unsweetened almond milk
1/2 banana, sliced
1/8 tsp garam masala or cardamom (optional)
1 Tbsp maple syrup or brown sugar or molasses or date syrup  (Use Date Syrup for Daniel Fast)

Directions:
Put all the ingredients into a jar with tight fitting lid and shake until well combined.  I use an "old" 16-oz glass peanut butter jar.  Then refrigerate overnight or for a few nights.  I had mine sit in the fridge for 4 nights and it was delicious the morning I ate it for breakfast. 

Warm up in the microwave for about 90 seconds or eat cold.



Estimated Nutritional Value per serving based on 1 serving:  Calories 537, Total Fat 25.1g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 152mg, Carbs  64.9g, Fiber 15.1g, Sugars 20.6g, Protein 17.7g



Sing to the Lord because of the great things he has done.  Let the whole world hear the news.
Isaiah 12:5  (GNT)


No comments :

Post a Comment

THANKS for visiting Pink-Vegan Blog and leaving a comment !!!! Your comments are appreciated !!!!