Translate

Saturday, April 4, 2015

Sesame Seed Rice (DF, GF)




This is GREAT for dinner or lunch.  

I also cooked some broccoli in the steamer part of the rice cooker and mixed that in with the rice when everything was cooked.



Ingredients:
1 cup dry brown rice (I used brown and wild rice)
1 cup water
1 bell pepper, chopped or sliced
1/2 onion, chopped
2 Tbsp dried cilantro flakes
2 Tbsp sesame seeds
3 Tbsp sesame seed oil
3 Tbsp soy sauce
1/4 cup brown rice vinegar
2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 Tbsp lime juice
1/4 tsp ground chili pepper  (I used  Nanami Togarashi   ) 

Directions:
Place all ingredients in a rice cooker and cook until done.


I really like the Rival 6-cup Rice Cooker w/Steamer.   It makes cooking rice SOOO easy.  I just put all the ingredients in the cooker .  So my rice dish is complete with spices and veggies when the rice is cooked.  The 6 cup isn't a big rice cooker, but it is plenty for 2 people.  



Estimated Nutritional Value per serving based on 6 servings: Calories 218, Total Fat 9.3g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 454mg, Carbs 29.1g, Fiber 2.5g, Sugars 1.6g, Protein 3.9g



God is my savior;  I will trust him and not be afraid.  The Lord gives me power and strength;  he is my savior. 
Isaiah 12:2 (GNT)


No comments :

Post a Comment

THANKS for visiting Pink-Vegan Blog and leaving a comment !!!! Your comments are appreciated !!!!